Welcome to My Blog

Time to get serious!

1. I need to lose the last 30 pounds to get to my goal weight.

2. I need to grow as an Independent Close To My Heart Consultant.

3. I need to start writing - prolifically

You are cordially invited to join me as I share my successes and obstacles, my thoughts and feelings, and my love of card making, scrapbooking and other crafty things.

I welcome your opinions, advice and inspiration.

Come ON! Let's GO!!


Monday, September 8, 2014

Monday and New Challenges

Monday, Monday - oh how fast the weekend doth quickly fly by.


Back to work again.


I tried a new blogger site - WordPress...but after trying it, I still prefer BlogSpot. It just seems more user friendly.


Starting on September 1st, I joined a 30 day Challenge by Megan Elizabeth from Above Rubies Studio. There are three areas of life that we are working on improving during this time – spiritual, health and growing our business. Getting the word out there about what we are doing. Sharing your stories. I read a quote today that said, "A picture without stories are memories lost." I really like that. In a nutshell it explains why I love to scrapbook. Thank you Cindy Cleaver (http://yourremarkablejourney2.com/2014/05/26/5-reasons-to-share-photos-on-facebook/)


This challenge is not getting easier. My goal during this challenge is to break a weight loss plateau and gain a few Close To My Heart customers and gain a few Team members. And right now - I'm beginning to feel like quitting. The excuses are rambling through my brain like a freight train full speed ahead...
Have you ever felt like quitting? Why am I working? Do I really need to work?  Why is it the more fit you become the harder you have to work out? I have a great husband who is an awesome provider. I could be satisfied with where I am at in my weight. But then I would never know if I could do it. And isn't that what Yoda says? "Do or do not - there is no try." The more I think about it - the answer is No - I don't want to quit!!!! (extra exclamation points for emphasis)  Quitting is the easy way out. I will get through this and come out on the other side - shining as bright as a diamond that started as a lump of coal.


Will challenges ever go away? Nope!
As Miley Cyrus sang - There's always going to be another mountain. I'm always going to want to make it move. It's not about how fast you get there. It's not about what's waiting on the other side. It's the climb....


And as Katy Perry sang - I am a champion and you're gonna hear me ROAR!!!


This week - I noticed the school's scrapbook is falling apart. I am going to ask the principal if she would mind if I fixed it up. That's what I do.


If you need any help with your photo's and preserving those memories or have a story to tell with your photos.... Let me know. Call me, message me, text me.


#keepgoing, #30daybyME, #scrapbooking, #ClosetoMyHeart

1 comment:

  1. Every morning I wake up with new challenges. Every morning I wake up tired. The mountains seem to get bigger, don't they? Sometimes I have to ask myself if they're really worth moving this time..... But, I'm growing in so many areas - I'm learning boundary setting for the first time in my 55 years of living, I'm learning about the empowerment that comes from making my own decisions, instead of doing what I think everyone else wants me to do. I'm learning to say no to others and yes to myself; that's a hard one, because it sounds selfish and not Christlike. But, even Jesus has boundaries. I'm finding the mountains I CHOOSE to move, are the ones worth tackling. Other people need to learn to move their own mountains, they're not my mountains to move. When I try to move their mountains, my own mountains get neglected and seem to take forever to move. I'm rambling again, I guess the ADHD meds really aren't kicking in like I hoped they would. LOL I love you, my friend. Our journeys may look similar, but they're our own to walk. Praise God we don't have to walk them alone!!! He walks them with us, most commonly through the feet of the folks He surrounds us with! I love you, Deb. Keep putting one foot in front of the other, keep fighting the good fight of faith, keep looking up - our redemption draws near. Each step you hesitate to take encourages someone looking on.

    ReplyDelete