Welcome to My Blog

Time to get serious!

1. I need to lose the last 30 pounds to get to my goal weight.

2. I need to grow as an Independent Close To My Heart Consultant.

3. I need to start writing - prolifically

You are cordially invited to join me as I share my successes and obstacles, my thoughts and feelings, and my love of card making, scrapbooking and other crafty things.

I welcome your opinions, advice and inspiration.

Come ON! Let's GO!!


Sunday, January 22, 2012

Third Week of Joy Dare (Counting 1,000 Gifts in 2012)

I made it through 8 days of no eating out! Thanks to the support of family and friends who have helped get dinner done, helped do the shopping and didn't ask me to go anywhere. It hasn't been easy and it has been a stressful week of teaching at a middle school. I have gone through a few withdrawals, felt angry at times, felt sad at times, but always in the back of my head, knew that this is for my good. Heading into my second week of no eating out. The menu has been made, the shopping list written and the recipe cards filled out for whoever is cooking that night. Looking forward to a zucchini lasagna this week, where the zuchinni replaces the noodle.

Day 15 - one thing you wore, one thing you gave away, one thing you shared.

43. I wore a pair of underwear this week that went south...first day of sub teaching at a middle school, right in the middle of class, whoop! There they go! Made me grateful though... cuz I AM LOSING THIS WEIGHT!
44. I gave away some stuff for the thrift store. Thank you God for the ability to let stuff and junk go.
45. I shared a Cutie Orange with one of my students. I had already had one and had one left and I gave it to one of the students who doesn't get much time to eat lunch.

Day 16 - 3 ways you witnessed happiness today.

46. Seeing the scales go down another 2.8 pounds
47. Watching my dogs chase each other around as if they haven't a care in the world.
48. Watching the mom at the store interacting with her child...they were so wrapped up in each others love.

Day 17 - one gift that made you laugh, one gift that made you pray, one gift that made you quiet.

49. Jelly, Kims chihuahua, made me laugh, she went to jump on Kim's leg and totally missed and kept going.
50. When two of the students in the class I was teaching got into a fight. I prayed hard. These students are a gift...show them Dear Lord...your paths...the path of truth and peace...keep them safe.
51. Giving my all during a workout...

Day 18 - 3 Gifts from Gods Word

52. I will both lay me down in peace and sleep...for Thou Lord, only, makes me dwell in safety. Psalm 4:8
53. I will never leave you nor forsake you...
54.  Stop with those shouldas, woulda's and coulda's...you know where they come from and the devil will not win...He will not get the victory! Thanks Laurie for that reminder

Day 19 - A grace in the kitchen, a grace in the weather, a grace that might never have been.

55. My daughter cooking a great dinner of Pork Loin, with apples and onions, long grain wild rice and pan fried green beans.
56. The weather warmed up so nice this weekend...it gave the promise of spring.
57. If David had never gone to Germany, I never would have become good friends with Dani, I never would of heard about Lifetime Fitness, I never would have gotten the best fitness trainer ever....Alex Beeding

Day 20 - 3 gifts you saw only when you got close up

58. Dog noses
59. The price of a supplement I have been wanting to get...doesn't cost so much as I thought
60. My students were doing their work!

Day 21 - one thing in the sky, one thing from your memory, one thing thats ugly-beautiful

61. The three Air Force planes, I saw flying in the sky in formation, fascinating!
62. my dad... I miss him...oh, how I miss him
63. Me..."If there ever were dreams that were broken and shattered...those were my dreams at the start, and the hopes for lifes best, were the hopes that I harbored down deep in my heart...but my dreams turned to ashes, my castles all crumbled, my fortune fell to dust...so I wrapped it all in the rags of my life and I laid it at the cross... and now.... AND NOW....there's something beautiful...."

No comments:

Post a Comment