Welcome to My Blog

Time to get serious!

1. I need to lose the last 30 pounds to get to my goal weight.

2. I need to grow as an Independent Close To My Heart Consultant.

3. I need to start writing - prolifically

You are cordially invited to join me as I share my successes and obstacles, my thoughts and feelings, and my love of card making, scrapbooking and other crafty things.

I welcome your opinions, advice and inspiration.

Come ON! Let's GO!!


Saturday, January 14, 2012

Second Week of Joy Dares (Counting 1,000 gifts in 2012)

So the Broncos lost to the Patriots. Usually, I am not a big fan of football nor do I watch football very much or any other sports. I am, in fact, finally learning the difference between a touchdown and a home run... but this football game meant a lot. I had entered into a bet with my fitness trainer, Alex Beeding, which was if the Patriots won, I would give up eating out for one month. If the Broncos won, he would have to wear a Denver Broncos jersey all day to the gym and Tebow in front of all his TEAM classes. HA! That would've been fun to see... I don't think he is a big fan of the Broncos. Lucky for him - huh? Lucky for me? Eating out is a really bad habit of mine. I looked at my accounts tonight after I lost and figured that giving up eating out will save me about $500 a month. Wow! Anyways, Tebow might never know that the loss of this game was a "grace given by God" to me, which is one of my 1,000 grateful gifts as you will see later on if you keep reading...

Day Eight - light that caught you, a reflection that surprised you, a shadow that fell lovely
22.. The light of Gods love that caught me at 8 years olds when I first believed and at 14 when I surrendered my life to Him...
23. My reflection in the sliding glass door, which made the dog bark. Wow! Thats me?!
24. The shadow of the mountains at the end of the day

Day Nine - A gift in your hand, a gift that you walked by, a gift that you sat with
25. Holding a heart shaped Reeses Peanut Butter Cup in my hand and realizing that I don't need it, giving it to my husband and telling him that he could have my heart...
26. Walking by Otho's Cookies in the mall, which has the best cookies anywhere, and having the willpower to not stop.
27. Sitting with my friend, Laurie, at the gym the other night so I would not have to walk around the mall for 2 hours waiting for my daughter to get off work

Day Ten - a gift that's sour, a gift that's sweet, a gift that's Just Right
28. Lemons, they are sour, but they sure make my water taste good
29. Cupcakes, cant eat 'em but I like how they look
30. My children, a gift from God that is Just Right

Day Eleven - 3 yellow things that strike you as fresh mercy
31 - bananas
32 - sunshine
33 - rubber duckies

Day Twelve - something above you, something below you, something beside you
34 - angels watching over me
35 - my craft room in the basement of the house
36 - the love of my life, my hubby

Day Thirteen - 3 sounds you hear
37 - the fan blowing
38 - the dog burrowing under his blankets
39 - any minute now the sound of Dave snoring

Day Fourteen - 3 ways you glimpsed the startling grace of God
40 - the many friends and family who have reposted the news about Davids missing brother Mark
41 - The Broncos losing their game tonight because now I have to give up the habit of eating out, which will hopefully not only make me healthier but wealthier too
42 - through the eyes of a child

No comments:

Post a Comment