Welcome to My Blog

Time to get serious!

1. I need to lose the last 30 pounds to get to my goal weight.

2. I need to grow as an Independent Close To My Heart Consultant.

3. I need to start writing - prolifically

You are cordially invited to join me as I share my successes and obstacles, my thoughts and feelings, and my love of card making, scrapbooking and other crafty things.

I welcome your opinions, advice and inspiration.

Come ON! Let's GO!!


Saturday, January 7, 2012

My First Week of Joy Dares (Counting 1,000 gifts in 2012)

So this year besides the challenges from my fitness trainer, I decided to take the Joy Dare challenge (counting 1,000 gifts in 2012)...at the end of 366 days, if I consistently write down what I am grateful for...I will have 1,000 gifts. The link can be found here: http://www.aholyexperience.com/2012/01/the-1-habit-your-new-year-cant-do-without-giveaway/ if you are interested in doing it with me... I thought I would share my giftsfor which I'm grateful once a week on my blog...

Day One: 3 things about yourself you are grateful for
1. my health
2. the energy I have to get done the things I need to do - like workout
3. I'm Me!

Day Two: A gift outside, inside, on a plate
4. Outside, we have a VW Passat, Jeep Liberty, Ford Edge and a GMC Envoy and a Suburban in the driveway and they all run...which reminds me I have a great husband who knows how to keep them that way
5. Inside, there are nine dogs curled up on the couch...they may be annoying and noisy at times, but they all love me unconditionally
6. On a plate, I have a no-carb dinner, grilled chicken, steamed veggies and a salad, which will help me become healthier

Day Three: 3 lines you overheard that were graces
7. Alex Beeding - "you shouldn't even want that!"
8. Friend at the gym - "we were talking about you the other day...about how funny you are"
9. Ben - "I love you, Mom."

Day Four: One gift old, new and blue.
10. Old - the music box of the girl playing the piano that my Dad gave to me on my 16th birthday...to me it's priceless.
11. My sign from Kim this year at Christmas that says...Keep Calm and Have a Cupcake
12. My snuggly, warm Smurf blankie that my friend Bobbie Sue made me for my birthday...

Day Five: Something you're reading, you're making, you're seeing
13. The Carb Lovers Diet Book...there is hope that life does not have to be carbless
14. the afghan I am crocheting for my friends wedding...
15. My little Chihuahua boy lying at the foot of the bed, sound asleep...

Day Six: One thing in your bag, your fridge, your heart.
16. Apple Pie Dessert gum in my bag
17. Bags of salad mixes, baby spinach, hearts of romaine, broccoli and cauliflower in my fridge
18. I really want to do these ten challenges... and lose this weight in my heart.

Day Seven: 3 graces from people you love (or like a lot or just have a heapin dose of respect for).
19: all the prayers from many of my friends who are praying for Mark and that he will come home soon
20: that Alex Beeding may actually care... when he writes in my journal - "No eating out!!!!"
21: the hug I got from my husband tonight...wrapped in his arms...what could be better?

No comments:

Post a Comment