Welcome to My Blog

Time to get serious!

1. I need to lose the last 30 pounds to get to my goal weight.

2. I need to grow as an Independent Close To My Heart Consultant.

3. I need to start writing - prolifically

You are cordially invited to join me as I share my successes and obstacles, my thoughts and feelings, and my love of card making, scrapbooking and other crafty things.

I welcome your opinions, advice and inspiration.

Come ON! Let's GO!!


Wednesday, August 21, 2013

My Theme Poem

I heard somebody read this poem the other day and it really inspired me. I CAN do this. I can win this weight loss journey and run the 1/2 marathon. See you at the finish line. 

Figure It Out Yourself
adapted from George Washington Carvers poem

Figure it out for yourself, my friend
You've all that the greatest have ever had;
Two arms, two hands, two legs, two eyes,
And a brain to use if you would be wise,
With this they all began--
So start from the top and say, I CAN.

Look them over, the wise and the great,
They take their food from a common plate,
And similar knives and forks they use,
With similar laces they tie their shoes;
The world considers them brave and smart,
But you've all they had when they made their start.

You can triumph and come to skill,
You can be great if you only will;
You're well equipped for what fight you choose,
You have arms and legs and a brain to use;
And the one who has risen great deeds to do
Began his life with no more than you.

You are the handicap you must face,
You are the one who must choose your place.
You must say where you want to go,
How much you will study the truth to know;
God has equipped you for life, but He
Lets you decide what you want to be.


Courage must come from the soul within
You must furnish the will to win.
So figure it out for yourself my friend,
You were born with all that the great have had;
With what you have they all began,
Get hold of yourself and say, 'I CAN.' 

No comments:

Post a Comment